Inspiration

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hurricanes



I know these hurricanes are all over blogland right now but I just had to have some for my fireplace. I first saw them at Living with Lindsay and then at the Decor Chick's blog. The top part is a vase I got at Walmart for $3 and the bottom is of course the $1 candlesticks from the dollar tree:) They were then gorilla glued together.



I know the fireplace needs a few more accessories. Any suggestions?
The white walls with the white fireplace is just killing me but with one hugely open floor plan it is hard to paint all the walls "someday".




Thanks for stopping by
Kelly


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

5 comments:

  1. Those hurricanes look lovely!! I love the big fat hurricane! I wish my wal-mart had cool ones like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Simple is good. If I were to add anything...maybe a little color or something natural? White on white is pretty and refreshing. But...If you can't paint the walls and want the fireplace to pop, you could paint the fireplace. Maybe black? Too bold? In case you haven't guessed, I love giving my opinion...but simple is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm painting the fireplace never thought of that. That may be the solution:) thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture on the fireplace!! Everything looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing--painting the fireplace--a color po with different color of candles.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete