Inspiration

Friday, June 11, 2010

$2 Pedestal

I was really needing a spot to keep fruit on the counter so I came up with this pedestal to place it on. I really do not like to eat cold fruit such as oranges, tomatoes or apples straight from the fridge it tastes so much better room temp. I have been looking for one of the three tier rod iron serving thingys at the thrift store but no such luck yet. This will be a good solution until then:) Take a dollar candle holder from the dollar tree and a .90 cent plate from the thrift store and glue them together with gorilla glue. Gorilla glue is awesome!



The thrift store plate was even from pier one.



Flip the plate over glue the candle holder to the plate and place a heavy book on top for about 30 minutes or so.




and you have a pedestal for fruit, cake, or even a bottom for your cloche:)



So easy!










1 comment:

  1. I did this about two years ago but used a tea cup...I like the glass candlestick better. Thanks for the tip...love yours!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete