Inspiration

Monday, July 26, 2010

Drop Cloth Curtains















I am loving my new drop cloth curtains in our family room. I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to make window treatments match or be symmetrical on either side of the fireplace. Especially when one is a window and one is a door. Just hanging the rod to extend enough past the door works well and softens up the cold white wall a bit.
The drop cloth color matches the colors in my rug perfectly and they are great for the budget. $10 at home depot. I washed the drop cloths first and it made them look so much better and feel softer.
I am still playing with the way they hang a little. I should also probably iron or steam them a bit there are too many wrinkles but I hate to iron! So that can wait until later, maybe they will even fall out;)
The rod and clips were bought at walmart and the drop cloths were just folded over at the top and behind to make them the right length.
What do you think of my Welcome to our Garden sign peaking through the curtains. I just love the little bird on it as well.
Thanks for stopping by:)
Kelly









Blog Button

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from weekend wrap up party. These look great and are so thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dropcloth curtains look great! I'm in the middle of this project for my bedroom. I've got the dropcloths, the curtain rod and clips, now I'm just waiting for my hubby to install the curtain rod this afternoon. Can't wait! I'm glad to hear that you just folded yours over at the top instead of hemming. I think I might do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really adds some nice softness to your window. I'd love if you linked this with Fabric Fun Thursday this week :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stealing this idea. Great way to recycle (or upcycle as I like to call it.) I love it and would love to see you post this at my linky party Upcycled Awesome!
    http://tinyurl.com/Upcycled8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello cutie! I blogged about this earlier on in the week and just wanted to give you a heads up! Much love and *hugs* all around! Have a wonderful weekend doll!!!
    www.fly-houseofdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dropcloth drapes look great! I'm in the center of this venture for my bed room. I've got the dropcloths, the layer rod and segments, now I'm just awaiting my husband to set up the layer rod this mid-day. Can't wait! I'm grateful to listen to that you just collapsed yours over at the top instead of hemming. I think I might do that too
    Patent commercialization

    ReplyDelete